- UCAS Clearing
- Our university
- UCAS points calculator
- Advice for parents
your questions answered
Frequently asked questions
If you find yourself without a university place after receiving your results don't worry, you can enter Clearing. Clearing (managed by UCAS) is the process of matching applicants without a university place to one of the university places still available.
Clearing is also available to those who already have their results and haven't yet applied to university.
You are eligible if:
- You already have your results but you have no offers
- You had conditional offers but your results didn't go to plan
- You have declined all your offers or not responded by the due date
- UCAS received your application after 30 June. If they receive your application after this date, they will not send it to any universities or colleges, therefore you will automatically be entered into Clearing
- Create/log in to your UCAS Track account. If you are eligible, a Clearing button will have automatically been added to your UCAS Track screen
- Once you have received a verbal offer from us, and you want to accept, click 'Add Clearing choice' within your UCAS Track account and enter our institution details and the chosen course. Our institution code is L27
- We will then receive this notification and confirm your place; this will show as an acceptance on the choices page of your UCAS Track account
For most applicants Clearing starts on A level results day, Tuesday 10 August. You can only apply through Clearing when you have all your results.
If you already have all your qualifications, you can call us from 5 July. If you are still waiting for some results, you'll need to call us when you have had them confirmed.
If you are taking a BTEC, or any other qualifications where you already have your results, you can contact us to secure your place. Our Clearing courses are available to view from July. You can apply to us through Clearing if:
- You already have your results/qualifications and don’t have a place at university
- You have decided you want to come to Leeds Beckett and haven’t applied yet
If you'd like to work out exactly how many UCAS points you have achieved, you can use our UCAS points calculator.
Don't worry, entry requirements are important - but so is your experience. You should check your UCAS Track account. Just because you have not achieved your expected grades doesn't mean you haven't secured your place at Leeds Beckett University.
Each year some applicants achieve better results than expected. UCAS have a scheme called 'Adjustment' for this purpose. If you are eligible for Adjustment, it will show on your UCAS Track account.
Adjustment provides an opportunity for you to reconsider where and what to study. At Leeds Beckett University, most courses will have places available for exceptional candidates and we would welcome your application so please talk to us.
We guarantee to find you student accommodation in Leeds when you make us your firm choice institution. View our Halls of Residence on the Leeds Beckett accommodation website and place your booking via the online booking system.
You can apply for accommodation after accepting a conditional or unconditional offer on a full-time course. It may take 24-48 hours from when you accept your offer via UCAS for our system to then update with your status, after which you will be able to place your accommodation booking.
If Leeds Beckett University is your insurance choice you are unable to book accommodation until Leeds Beckett becomes your confirmed place of study
If you haven't yet applied for student finance you will need to apply now at www.gov.uk/student-finance. If you have already applied for finance and your course / university has changed during Clearing you need to let Student Finance England know as soon as possible. Log in to your account to change your details.
To confirm your place, log on to UCAS Track to check the status of your application. If your place has been confirmed – congratulations; there is no need to contact our university. Information welcoming you to Leeds Beckett will follow within a few hours.
Your place cannot be confirmed until you have met all of the conditions of your offer.
Join us in 2022
Take your next steps
If you're interested in joining us and want to know more about the application process, your chosen course or what to expect when you get here, there's lots of ways to get in touch. You can call or email our admissions team, connect with us via social media or stay in touch by providing us with a few contact details to get all the latest information about courses, events and student life!